March 24, 2010

Friends of Sound


Whelp, I think I found my new go-to record store. I was just walking around Soco the other day and wandered into an alley (normal behavior), and BAM! Stumbled into Friends of Sound Records. Spent a good hour digging through their jazz and blues sections and wound up buying 2 awesome Billie Holiday LPs - Stormy Blues and Billie's Blues - and also one of my all time faves, Astrud Gilberto. The selection was fantastic, just the right amount of rare and classics, and all were fairly priced in my opinion. Needless to say, this was a successful trip.



Oh! And I love the listening center with the turntable, to test out your vinyl before you buy. One more totally awesome thing about this place? The back room is dedicated to LPs between $1-$3.

Their site is also pretty neat, they keep up to date on new arrivals. SO happy I found this gem!

1 comments:

pwes said...

astrud gilberto is great. nice blog.

Post a Comment